MS Dhoni on India's Champions Trophy strategy: Highlights
India cricket captain MS Dhoni addressed the media ahead of his team's departure for the Champions Trophy in England, starting June 6. India play South Africa, West Indies and Pakistan in the league stages.
Last updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 20:03
Following are the highlights of Dhoni's press conference in which he answered queries on Champions Trophy but was instructed to not respond to IPL-related questions:
Story first published on: Tuesday, 28 May 2013 18:16
* Have not yet won Champions Trophy. Have been joint-winners (though) so it is a good opportunity. The competition will be great.
* Pakistan is a good side. They have quality fast bowlers and also have (Saeed) Ajmal. It should be a good contest. I hope we will be on the winning side.
* There are a few challenges after the new ODI rule changes. We will play abroad for the first time after these changes.
* Good platform for youngsters. The good thing is all of them have spent a good amount of time playing. So, an ideal opportunity for players.
* There is a lot of time before the first match. There is also a lot of interval between each (league) match.
* We didn't play well in the Test series when we last went to England. I personally feel we played decently in the ODI series. We lost all tosses, we had two spinners who had to bowl with the red ball, so I think we did well enough.
* We have got the right mix. We have a few who can bowl really quick and a few who can swing the ball as well.