New Delhi:Australian expert Ric Charlesworth on Monday indicated that he might not accept the job of developing junior teams only as decided by the Sports Ministry and the Indian Hockey Federation.
In the wake of the Santiago debacle, where Charlesworth's services were not utilised by the Indian team management, the Sports Ministry and IHF met decided to have a specific role for the Australian, who had been roped in by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) to revive Indian hockey but no clear job was assigned to him till now.
Officials of the Sports Ministry and IHF decided that Charlesworth be entrusted with the charge of the development teams such as the under-19 and under-21 squads and not the men's senior side.
"Nothing has been communicated to me as yet but I have not come here for that," Charlesworth said.
Charlesworth met the top officials of Indian Hockey Federation but refused to divulge any details and said he would have another round of discussion tomorrow.
"I have met them today and will again meet them tomorrow," he said.
On his contract, he said "it has not been finalised."
He has also been assigned to work with the women's senior team who will play the Olympic qualifiers next month.