Paris, hailed as one of the most romantic places in the world, is also a proud host of the French Open. If not watching the Grand Slam on the clay court, there's plenty to see and do in the French capital.
Here's our quick city guide for you:
Places to Visit
1. Eiffel Tower: The first thing with which people across the world associate Paris is the Eiffel Tower. The 324 metres long tower that weighs 10,100 tonnes was built by Gustave Eiffel in 1889 for the World Fair, where it was the star attraction. One can also have an exquisite experience of dining on the Eiffel Tower. Watching this magnificent monument at night is a memorable sight.
2. Le Louvre Museum: One of the world's largest art museums and the most visited in the world, Le Louvre Museum has some great art works including Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa.
3. Palais Royal: To the north of Louvre Museum is the Royal Palace with gardens. Ironically, no king ever lived in this palace.
4. Seine River Cruise and Paris Illuminations Tour: Experience the brilliance of Paris with a lamp-lit cruise along the Seine River. The famous sights of Paris on the nocturnal tour are Place de la Concorde Square, Place Vendome, Opera, Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, Trocadero, Invalides, Notre Dame Cathedral and Place du Chatelet.
Places to Shop
Known as the fashion capital of the world, Paris is every shopper's dream destination.
1. Avenue Montaigne: If you are the one who loves to have their wardrobe full of top couture brands, this is the place to go and grab the Chanels, Diors and Azzaros.
2. Rue Saint-Honoré and Place Vendôme is the right place to buy those chic jewelleries.
3. The Marais: Just the place for contemporay designs and brands.
4. Montmarte: Done with shopping for yourself? Time to get some souvenirs for your friends back home. Montmarte is known as the Mecca of souvenirs' stuff.
The nightlife of the 'City of Lights' is equally happening. It has place for everyone and every mood. Champs-Elysées and Trocadero, Saint-Germain, Marais and Bastille, Opera and Palais Royal and Grands Boulevards and Montmarte and Pigalle are the places to visit where you can pick the restaurants, bars and discos of your choice.
The Don'ts in Paris
1. The traffic rules in Paris are very strict. Do not drink and drive
2. Overspeeding can have your licence confiscated.
3. Do not lose patience while parking your car as it is very time consuming. The best way to enjoy your journey in Paris is to hire a car.