Barnard Tomic may not play the French Open as his management have not confirmed his participation. According to an article in The Australian there has been no word from the player as to whether he will take part in the tournament.
With less than a week before the tournament begins on Sunday, Tomic's manager Fraser Wright said he could not yet confirm whether or not the 20-year-old would compete.
Tomic's appearance at the claycourt slam has been in doubt since his father and coach John Tomic indicated at a Madrid court last week he was unlikely to play.
He has not played a match since his father was charged over an alleged assault on Tomic's training partner Thomas Drouet at the ATP event in Madrid a fortnight ago.
The trial has been adjourned until October and John Tomic denies assault, saying he struck Drouet in self-defence.
But Davis Cup coach Josh Eagle, who has offered to mentor Tomic while his father is barred from ATP events, said on Saturday he fully expects to link up with the player in Paris.
Hewitt and Matosevic both bowed out in the first round in Nice on Monday and will now turn their attention to Roland Garros.