Mexico City: Fernando Alonso says he has not signed with McLaren for next season and remains undecided about his future in Formula One.
The two-time world champion says he is still "considering what's the best decision" for his career and "nothing has been decided" so far even though he already has "an idea" of what he wants to do.
Alonso's contract with Ferrari ends at the end of year. He has been with the Italian team since 2010.
The 33-year-old Spaniard is sixth in the drivers' standings this season, 167 points behind leader Lewis Hamilton.
Alonso made his comments in Mexico on Wednesday before traveling to Sao Paulo for this weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix, the next-to-last race in this year's F1 season.