Silverstone: Kamui Kobayashi believes the buy-out of the Caterham team will not affect his Formula One future.
Kobayashi, 27, the only Japanese driver on the circuit, said he was confident the new owners would honour his contract.
The team announced on Wednesday that former owner Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes had sold out to a consortium of Swiss and Middle East investors, advised by former F1 consultant and team principal Colin Kolles.
"I will drive for this year, sure," said Kobayashi, who met the new owners on Wednesday. "For the future, I really didn't speak with them about it yesterday.
"I think next week we will have more time to speak with the boss, so let's see. Whatever happens I think my job this year is to get some results."
Kobayashi said the change of ownership would help Caterham be more aggressive with their development programme thanks to an improved financial situation. (British Grand Prix: Racecentre)
"I really appreciate that we can still continue to race, and I think our target is clear that we need to push to get back the championship position," he said.
"We need to focus, and I think the last few months we were struggling with the budget, but now it seems we can use a bit more budget, so let's see what we can do.
"We need to do as much as we can. The new boss says he wants us to push for this year - this is a clear message for everybody. He is aggressive but I think this is what we need to do.
"We have more money, so we can get more updates. This is what we feel. This is a time to really push.
"We have nothing to lose, this is simple. We need to be together as a team and we have to focus to get our position in the championship."
Caterham are 11th and last in the constructors championship without a point so far this season.