Rio:Former AC Milan and Real Madrid star Ronaldo, one of Brazil's most decorated footballers, was on Tuesday back in full training seven months on from a knee injury which led him to leave Italy.
Ronaldo is currently without a club but has in recent days been working on his fitness with Brazilian side Flamengo - though last week the 32-year-old three-time World Footballer of the Year - he celebrated his birthday on Monday - said he would would fancy a stint with French side Paris St Germain.
Tuesday saw the "Phenomenon" participate in training with the Flamengo youth team having Friday indulged in some light training sessions.
"All this time I've been doing physiotherapy and gettting back to training with the ball is very important, another stimulus. It's marvellous," Ronaldo told reporters.
"We know we couldn't touch him as Ronaldo is just coming back and nobody wants to prejudice the return of an idol," youth team midfielder Leo said.
Ronaldo, who has suffered a chapter of knee problems in his career but returned to lift the World Cup in 2002, seriously injured his left knee playing for Milan against Livorno last season.
Media reports have linked him with English Premiership moneybags Manchester City, where compatriot Robinho is playing, but the club have denied any approach.
In May, Ronaldo, the all-time top World Cup scorer, said he was "incredibly ashamed" over a much-publicised encounter with a trio of transvestites who allegedly tried to bribe him out of 30,000 dollars for keeping mum about the incident.