Madrid: Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil insisted that he has no plans to leave the Spanish football club.
The imminent arrival of Gareth Bale for a possible world record transfer fee, looks as if it could deny the German international a regular place in the Madrid starting 11, reports Xinhua.
The German showed his irritation at being substituted midway through the second half of Madrid's 1-0 win in Granada Monday night and that did little to quell rumours of a possible departure, especially as Manchester United are believed to be interested in him and rumoured to have already tabled a substantial offer.
However, doubts about his future at Real Madrid didn't stop Ozil from attending a launch of his new boots and the Real Madrid shop Wednesday.
"I have a contract until 2016. I am fine here and I get on well with my companions. It is an honour for me to be in this side and I want to succeed here," he said.
"I know a lot has been written in the media and several interesting options have been mentioned, but I have a contract and I am staying at Real Madrid," continued the German.
Meanwhile, Wednesday saw Tottenham coach, Andre Vilas-Boas confirm that Bale was on the verge of leaving the club.
The Welsh international had been expected to join Madrid at the end of last week, or the weekend at the latest, but when the transfer failed to take place, he was forced to return to London. However, he didn't turn up for training for the past two days, making it clear that he is frustrated at yet another delay to his move.
"It could happen very, very soon," said Villas-Boas about the deal, adding that Tottenham could, "accept most likely the biggest transfer in world football," although he was unsure just when it would take place.
"At the moment the two clubs are speaking to outline the final decisions or statements of contracts. I am not sure how much time it will take," said Vilas-Boas.