Rome: Domenico Criscito is glad to return to the Italian football squad and wants to represent his country at the 2014 World Cup.
Criscito, 25, was left out of the Euro 2012 squad after Italian police questioned him at the national team's training base in connection with match-fixing claims from his time at Genoa.
He repeatedly protested his innocence and prosecutors dropped charges against him last month.
Criscito returned to the Italian national team for their World Cup qualifier against Armenia Friday and played all 90 minutes as Cesare Prandelli's side saw off their rivals 3-1 in Yerevan.
"I'm glad to be back in the Italy squad and very happy that we beat such a difficult opponent as Armenia on the road," said the Zenit St. Petersburg left-back on Monday.
"I really want to continue playing for the Italian national team, play for them at the next World Cup. Hope that everything will be as it should."
Criscito also said that he had kept tabs on his Zenit teammates including several Russia players and Portugal centre-back Bruno Alves as Russia beat Portugal 1-0 on Friday.
"I feel sorry for Bruno Alves but at the same time I'm happy for my Russian teammates from Zenit because their victory is very important for Russia not only in the sense of chances to qualify but also from a psychological standpoint," Criscito said.
Criscito is planning to return to St. Petersburg Wednesday after Italy's encounter with Denmark in Milan Tuesday.
Italy are currently on top of Group B with seven points from three games.