Port of Spain, Trinidad: Former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner says he plans to sue a Trinidad newspaper that he accuses of libel and defamation regarding stories involving funds slated for Haiti reconstruction efforts.
Warner's attorneys sent a letter on Friday to the Trinidad Express stating that Warner gave Haitian officials the full $750,000 pledged earlier by FIFA and South Korean soccer leader Chung Mong-joon for soccer rebuilding projects.
Haitian officials had told British newspaper The Sunday Times earlier this month that they received only $60,000. FIFA has frozen all funding to Trinidad and Tobago while the matter is investigated.
Warner's attorneys say that he has accounted for all funds involved.