Barcelona: Cesc Fabregas is "suffering" from the drawn-out transfer saga that has kept the Arsenal playmaker from joining Barcelona, according to Xavi Hernandez.
Xavi left little doubt over his Spain teammate's desire to move to the Catalan capital following a recent conversation.
"I spoke with Cesc in Ibiza and he told me that he was suffering because he wants to come here," Xavi was quoted as saying on Barcelona's website on Wednesday. "It's what he wants most and he's done all he can to come, he wants Arsenal to let him leave."
Arsenal has already rejected several bids from the European champions for Fabregas. Barcelona had a bid of тВм40 million ($56 million) rejected last year and a lesser offer earlier this year. Spanish media reported on Wednesday that Barcelona was preparing to offer another bid of тВм40 million.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said on Monday that the Gunners would "fight hard" to keep the 24-year-old Fabregas, who reportedly has been pressuring the north London team to let him return to the club he left as a teenager.
Fabregas remained in London when Arsenal set out on a preseason tour of Asia.
Several Barcelona players have said Fabregas wants to rejoin the three-time defending Spanish champions, including goalkeeper Victor Valdes.
"I think he has a desire to return. He wouldn't have problems adapting to the team," Valdes said on Tuesday.
Story first published on: Wednesday, 13 July 2011 19:36 IST