London: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has distanced himself from reports linking him with a move to Premier League rivals Chelsea, it was reported on Tuesday.
In an interview with the Daily Mirror, Redknapp brushed off suggestions in weekend press reports that he had been identified as a potential replacement for Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge.
"It's speculation," Redknapp said. "I've never spoken to anyone from Chelsea. No-one's come to me and said that Chelsea are interested in me or anything else," he told the paper.
"I've got a job to do here. I love it here. I’m happy here."
Redknapp, whose contract at White Hart Lane runs until June 2013, has been more frequently mentioned as a potential successor to Fabio Capello as manager of England after next year's Euro 2012 finals.
For the moment however, Redknapp says his focus remains on ensuring Spurs qualify for the Champions League next season while strengthening their squad for an assault on the Premier League title.
"I keep saying, this club isn’t that far away - if they want to push on - from winning the championship," he said.
"You can’t stand still. It means improving. Better players make you a better team. With one or two additions, I think we can go on and push for the title."
Spurs, who are currently fifth in the table, face north London rivals Arsenal in a crucial match for both teams on Wednesday.