Barcelona:Barcelona president Joan Laporta has ruled out any move for Manchester City striker Robinho during the January transfer window.
Laporta said on Monday on Barcelona's Web site that the Premier League club rejected the European champion's offer for the Brazil international. Laporta had met with Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates last week.
"Our offer for Robinho was not accepted and with the team we have, barring any unexpected last minute changes, we will not be signing during the winter," Laporta said. "We're very satisfied with the team we have."
Barcelona beat Estudiantes of Argentina to take the Club World Cup on Saturday, becoming the first team to win six trophies in one year. Dutch club Ajax has won five trophies on two separate occasions.
"This title recognizes us as the best club in history because this record will always stay with us," Laporta said.
The club is focusing on signing defender Gerard Pique to a contract extension and hopeful that coach Pep Guardiola will also renew his contract, which ends this season, Laporta said.
With Laporta's presidency coming to an end and a club election on the horizon, Guardiola had said he preferred to wait.
"What's very important is that he takes time and takes the decision with absolute conviction," said Laporta, who didn't believe Guardiola would make the decision based on the new president. "I'd like to imagine Barca's future with Guardiola included."
Since replacing Frank Rijkaard before the start of last season, Barcelona has won every competition it has competed in with the 38-year-old Guardiola at the helm, capturing the Champions League, Spanish league, Copa del Rey, Spanish Supercup and European Supercup in addition to the Club World Cup.