Madrid:Cristiano Ronaldo, the world's most expensive footballer, will soon resume full training after passing medical tests on his troublesome ankle.
Madrid said Tuesday that Ronaldo will continue with his planned recovery program until Friday when he will take part in a regular training session with the squad. Madrid did not say whether the Portugal forward would be available for Saturday's league match against Racing Santander.
Professor Niek van Dijk performed the examination on the 24-year-old. The Dutch specialist performed the surgery on the player's right ankle last year also.
Ronaldo hasn't played since Portugal's match on Oct. 10, when he aggravated the injury he sustained during Madrid's Champions League against Olympique Marseille on Sept. 30.
Ronaldo could return for the club's Champions League match against FC Zurich on Nov. 25 before it plays at Barcelona in the league's "clasico" four days later. Defending champion Barcelona leads Madrid by one point in the standings.
Madrid official Emilio Butragueno warned the club's euro94 million ($135 million) signing to remain patient.
"It's too early to say, we need to take it day-by-day and let the doctors make the decisions," the former Madrid striker said. "I say the doctors because I have the feeling that Cristiano wants to be playing already and that enthusiasm could be harmful since it would be terrible if he re-injured himself."