Tottenham striker Gareth Bale did not make it to the team's training session on Tuesday. This after reports suggest he may be the subject of a world-record 86-million pound bid from Real Madrid although Spurs maintain that no deal has been struck yet.
According to a report in the BBC, Spurs had told Bale to report for training after the club had previously authorized a break. No reasons however were given for his absence. The 24-year-old player was not even part of the team when it beat Swansea 1-0 in Sunday's English Premier League match.
Although manager Andre Villas Boas said that Bale had been granted a two-day break, his absence from Tuesday's training session raises several eyebrows.
Player of the year in the 2012-13 EPL season for his 26 goals for the White Hart Lane side, Bale was bought in 2007 from Southampton in a 10-million pound deal. Apart from the Spanish Giants, who have already spent more than 50-million pounds this year on acquiring new faces, Bale has also gathered interest from EPL title holders Manchester United. United boss David Moyes did not deny his liking for the Welsh striker.