New Delhi:Home Ministry, keeping in mind the election scenario, has rejected the revised dates for Indian Premier League season 2 on Friday saying the new schedule is not feasible.
The ministry said states wanted more paramilitary forces to host IPL, which was not possible. It has now asked for new dates from the IPL and its officials.
Earlier in the day, Home Minister P Chidambaram along with the top security personnel held a meeting on whether to give a green signal to this year's IPL, scheduled in April.
The high-profile meeting was attended by the IB chief, the national security advisor and the RAW Chief.
Barring Tamil Nadu, all other states had agreed to host the matches with a rider that at least five to six companies (500-600 personnel) of para-military forces are kept at the disposal of the state police for security related issues, official sources said.
Tamil Nadu had out rightly rejected the proposal to host the matches in the state.
The states had responded to the Home Ministry's reminder asking for their feedback on the revised IPL schedule.
A senior Home Ministry official said the states had expressed the view that the matches could be held peacefully only with the assistance of central security forces.