Karachi:The Pakistan Cricket Board on Monday lashed out at Cricket Australia for saying yes to India tour despite Saturday's bomb blasts in New Delhi and accused them of adopting 'double standard' on security issues.
Paul Marsh, the Chief Executive of the Australian Cricketers Association, had earlier expected some countries, apparently Pakistan, to come up with such statement.
Australia had postponed their tour to Pakistan early this year and also refused to play in the Champions Trophy because of security concerns.
"I think if Australia tour India it will only highlight their double standards on security issues," Shafqat Naghmi, chief operating officer of the PCB said from Lahore .
"Pakistan is as safe a country as India and we had even promised state level security for the Australians and other teams. This incident only shows the double standards of Australian cricket," Naghmi fumed.
Cricket Australia has said they were postponing or cancelling the India tour due to the Delhi blasts unless they were advised by their government otherwise.
Naghmi said the PCB was disappointed with the statement of the ACA as even the ICC and other countries had acknowledged the great efforts made by Pakistan to provide a safe environment for the Champions Trophy.
"Terrorist attacks can take place anywhere we have said constantly. No country is safer than the other and this point was highlighted after the unfortunate and sad incident in Delhi," he said.
"We find it hard to comprehend that when Australian cricketers can tour a country which has had a succession of bomb attacks what is so different about coming to Pakistan," Naghmi added.