New Delhi:Australia will play a four-Test series against India starting October 9 in Bangalore, the Indian cricket board announced on Wednesday.
Ricky Ponting and his men will arrive in India on September 29 and will play a four-day practice match from October 2 to 5, the venue for which is yet to be decided.
The team will take a three-day break before starting the series in Bangalore from October 9.
The second Test will be played three days later in Mohali before the action comes to the capital.
Delhi will play host to the third Test starting October 28. The fourth and final Test of the series will be played from November 5 in Nagpur.
- Four-day practice match: October 2 to 5
- First Test (Bangalore): October 9 to 13
- Second Test (Mohali): October 17 to 21
- Third Test (New Delhi): October 28 to November 1
- Fourth Test (Nagpur): November 5 to 9.