Ahmedabad:Statistical highlights of the second day's play in the second cricket Test between India and South Africa at Motera on Friday:
* Jacques Kallis posted his 30th Test hundred - his second against India. His 132 off 275 balls is now his highest against India, leaving behind his 121 off 259 balls in Kolkata in November 2004.
* Kallis is now the first South African and the seventh player to make 30 or more centuries in Tests.
Sachin Tendulkar - India - 39 centuries - 147 matches
Ricky Ponting - Australia - 34 centuries - 116 matches
Sunil Gavaskar - India - 34 centuries - 125 matches
Brian Lara - W Indies - 34 centuries - 131 matches
Steve Waugh - Australia - 32 centuries - 168 matches
Matthew Hayden - Australia - 30 centuries - 94 matches
Jacques Kallis - S Africa - 30 centuries - 118 matches
* With his century knock, his 21st at No 4, Kallis took his batting average to 70 at two-down and became the first to touch this average while batting at No 4. His tally of 21 hundreds at No 4 is bettered only by Sachin Tendulkar (34) and Brian Lara (24).
* South Africa (494/7) registered their highest innings total at Ahmedabad, outstripping their 244 in 1996-97.
* AB de Villiers is now the first visiting batsman and the third overall to post a double hundred at Ahmedabad, joining Sachin Tendulkar (217 vs New Zealand in 1999-00) and Rahul Dravid (222 vs New Zealand in 2003-04)
* De Villiers' unbeaten innings of 217 is his fifth Test hundred - his first against India. His previous highest against India was 47 in Durban in December 2006.
* De Villiers became the first South African batsman to record a hundred at Motera.
* Kallis and De Villiers put on 256 runs, a South African record for any wicket against India, surpassing the 236 for the first wicket between Andrew Hudson and Gary Kirsten in Kolkata in 1996-97.
The previous best fifth wicket stand for South Africa against India was 164 between Kallis and Lance Klusener in Bangalore in 1999-00.
* The stand between Kallis and De Villiers is also the highest for any wicket by a visiting pair at Motera, bettering the 154 for the seventh wicket between Imran Khan and Ijaz Faqih for Pakistan in 1986-87.
* The partnership between Kallis and De Villiers is the second best overall for the fifth wicket for South Africa in Tests, next only to the 267 between Kallis and Ashwell Prince against West Indies at St John's in 2004-05.