Mumbai:Bollywood actor Preity Zinta had arrived with Ness Wadia to make a bid for a team in the Indian Premier League. They won the Chandigarh team.
"Why should boys have all the fun," said Preity Zinta.
Vijay Mallya, meanwhile, was always tipped to be one of the winners.
Clearly he has a love not just for cricket but for all sports given his investment in force India, a Formula 1 team from India and his sponsorship in football, tennis and horseracing events.
List of Owners:
- Mukesh Ambani gets Mumbai team for Rs 436 crore
- Vijay Mallya gets Bangalore team for Rs 435 crore
- Deccan Chronicle gets Hyderabad team for Rs 419 crore
- India Cements gets Chennai team for Rs 354 crore
- GMR Group gets Delhi team for Rs 328 crore
- SRK's Red Chilli Entertainment gets Kolkata team Rs 312 crore
- Preity Zinta, Ness Wadia get Mohali/Chandigarh team for Rs 296 crore
- Emerging Media and partner Lachlan Murdoch gets Jaipur team for Rs 261 crore.
The Twenty20 competition starts on April 18 and is spread over 44 days with 59 matches to be played.
ICC Code of Conduct will apply throughout the tournament. The competition will have eight teams, which will have a pool of 16 players each to choose from. Prize money for the tournament is around $3 million.