Chandigarh:Backed by the Indian Cricket League (ICL), for whom he is currently playing here, former South African cricketer Nicky Boje has said that he will make himself available for questioning by the Delhi Police in the 2000 match-fixing scandal.
Boje, who was last Wednesday served a notice by the Crime Branch of the Delhi Police to join investigation into the scam, said here Friday that he was not worried about the notice served on him.
"I have nothing to hide in this case. I have never been found guilty by the Kings Commission. Neither was I banned from playing. I am willing and happy to cooperate with the police," Boje said while practising for his ICL T-20 team Hyderabad Heroes.
The ICL championship is here till Dec 16 and Boje is likely to join the probe after that.
ICL's executive board chairman Kapil Dev said that he and ICL fully backed Boje and help him join investigation with the Delhi Police.
Boje's colleagues Hansie Cronje, who later died in an air crash, and Herschelle Gibbs were found guilty in the match-fixing scandal by the Kings Commission in the probe in South Africa.
Gibbs was questioned by the police last year when he toured India with the South African side.
Boje had skipped two series visits of his team to India after the 2000 match-fixing scandal but claimed that once he was not sent by the South African cricket board while on the second tour for the ICC Champions Trophy, he was not selected.
Though the police have sent him a notice to join investigation, it is not clear whether their team will come here to question him or he will be required to present himself before them in Delhi.