Interim BCCI chief Jagmohan Dalmiya says that the IPL governing council to meet next on August 2 in Delhi. Following are the highlights from the presser today:
Following are the high points from the Jagmohan Dalmiya presser today: (Also read: BCCI Working Committee to decide on N Srinivasan's return as Board chief: Sources)
* The order of the IPL probe committee panel was received by the honourary secretary Sanjay Patel at the Taj Bengal and it was placed today afternoon before the working committee. What we are going to do with it? It is decided that to forward the order to the IPL governing council since it is the proper forum as per operational rules. (Related read: BCCI probe clears Raj Kundra, Gurunath Meiyappan of involvement on IPL scandal: sources)
* Working Committee will meet on August 2 at New Delhi. (Read: No cover-up on Dhoni's alleged conflict of interest, says Dalmiya)
* BCCI will follow the procedure as per the anti-doping code as in the case of Pradeep Sangwan.
* Nothing will be swept under the carpet, regarding MS Dhoni. We do not want to disturb our players, let the tournaments be over and then we will come back and talk to the media regarding the same. But we have changed our mode of working, we don't believe that you just be after any player, anybody, whether it is a befitting case or not.
* Therefore, what we have done is that players will have to declare their interests in sports management companies. If somebody is making a mistake, we will not be after him but we will try to get this entire procedure corrected. If we can help them till the last we will try and this is our last stand. We have decided on a modus operandi regarding the same issue, details of which will be furnished later.
* Another important point of discussion is the South African tour fixtures and the New Zealand tour dates - BCCI is in the process of finalizing the itineraries of the tour of South Africa and New Zealand. This will take a little more time. There are other sporting issues like the Asian Cricket Council etc, which need our attention. We will come out with a consolidated plan later.
* We discussed with BCCI's anti-corruption officer Ravi Sawani and took his vote and studied his report. We conducted inquiry on the three players, one of them is under custody - Ajit Chandila. The full inquiry cannot be completed till he is in jail. Suppose if this wait becomes too long, we will have to proceed. But at the moment, since Sawani is on leave, his son is getting married, and therefore after he comes back, we will wait for 10 days or a fortnight and then we'll take a decision.
* On whether the BCCI Committee will decide on Mr. N Srinivasan's return as president - probably yes. It is Mr. Srinivasan's decision whether or not to attend or chair the next meeting. Let him take a decision, I will follow and let you know.For the latest Cricket news, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and get the NDTV Cricket app for Android or iOS
|Lucky you Sachin! Ex-Pakistan skipper Imran Khan says Sachin Tendulkar was lucky not to have faced West Indies pace legends.|
|Scheduling problems? MS Dhoni says the international cricket schedule doesn't give teams enough time to prepare before a big series.|
|Award for Kubica! Former F1 racer Robert Kubica, who survived life-threatening injuries in car crash in 2011, was named FIA's personality of the year.|
|A historic loss for Man United! Newcastle consigned United to back-to-back home defeats in the league for the first time since May 2002.|
|Olympic threat for India? IOC boss Thomas Bach says India could be kicked out of Olympics if they don't adopt 'rules of good governance'.|