Wellington: New Zealand faced a fresh upheaval Tuesday with bowling coach Damien Wright announcing he will quit after the World Twenty20 tournament in Sri Lanka next month.
Wright has resigned four months after former head coach John Wright rejected an offer to extend his contract and comes as New Zealand are having a dismal run at Test level.
Wright, an Australian, was appointed bowling coach in July last year after South African Allan Donald turned down a contract extension.
In a statement from India, where New Zealand this week lost the first Test by an innings and 115 runs, Wright said he was stepping down for family reasons.
"The decision is related to time away from my family and a need to be based closer to home," the former Victoria and Tasmania seamer said.
"It has been a privilege to work with the current crop of bowlers and I'm proud of the progression they have made over the past year."
During his time Wright has overseen the rise of Doug Bracewell into a Test regular and seen the development of Trent Boult as a successful Test bowler.
However, of seven Tests played this year New Zealand have only won one while losing four and two were drawn. The second Test against India starts on Friday.