Nairobi: The Intercontinental Cup match between Kenya and Namibia in Nairobi was postponed by cricket's governing body on Wednesday because of security concerns.
The International Cricket Council said "the ongoing and changing" security situation in Kenya had led to delays in making a security assessment, and the four-day Intercontinental Cup match and two 50-over games next month were put back until September. The Intercontinental Cup is the ICC's tournament for non-test teams.
There have been attacks in Nairobi and the coastal town of Mombasa in recent months, with hit-and-run grenade blasts in the capital blamed on Somali militant group al-Shabab.
Attackers fired shots and detonated grenades outside a nightclub in Mombasa on Tuesday, killing a security guard in the latest in a series of attacks in the East African country linked to al-Shabab.
In March, grenade explosions at one of the main bus stations in Nairobi killed nine people and wounded 40.
New Zealander Mike Hesson resigned as Kenya coach this month after less than a year in charge because of worries over the safety of his family.
Hesson said he and his family had been "directly and indirectly affected by a number of security-related incidents" when he announced he was quitting, but didn't give details.
The ICC said that because of problems finding another venue for the four-day game from June 6-9 and the limited-overs matches on June 11 and 13, they were postponed.
World football body FIFA said on Wednesday it had requested details of security planning from Kenya ahead of a World Cup qualifying match in Nairobi next month.
Al-Shabab has vowed to carry out a major attack in Kenya in retaliation for the country's deployment of troops into Somalia to pursue the militants.