Christchurch: This is not the first time that match-fixing rumours have started doing the rounds and former New Zealand cricketer Craig McMillan has told Indian bookmakers to "put up or shut up", following the recent allegations against Kiwi players.
'Sunday Times', a British newspaper, carried out a sting operation of an Indian bookie, who claimed that English county games and international matches are being fixed.
The bookie also claimed that players from all the main cricketing nations, including New Zealand, are involved in match-fixing.
"We've heard all this before and the rumour-mill runs amok again," McMillan was quoted as saying in the stuff.co.nz.
"It is very easy to hide behind broad accusations but you need to have concrete evidence to deal with, not just idle speculation. I would be really disappointed if it was proved that any New Zealander was involved.
"We were reminded time and again about our obligations and I can't believe anyone would be that stupid to risk their career and integrity," he added.
McMillan said he was never been approached by anyone with a dodgy deal during his international career spanning from 1996-2007.
His former team-mate, Scott Styris, said it came as "a bit of a surprise" that match-fixing allegations had been made against New Zealand cricketers.
"It's all come out of the blue for me," he said.
However, another former New Zealand cricketer Iain O'Brien has claimed that he had seen "dodgy" cricket happenings in India, England and Australia.