Melbourne: Shane Warne said on Friday that he was fit to play in Saturday's Big Bash Twenty20 opening game for the Melbourne Stars after recovering from burning his bowling hand earlier this week.
Warne, suffered burns to his right hand while frying bacon at home on Monday, but said he had recovered enough to play against the Sydney Thunder at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
The leg-spinning great, 42, wrote on Twitter that he had been cleared by a hand specialist.
"All clear with hand specialist -- so playing tomorrow night if selected", Warne tweeted.
The news that Warne will play in the Big Bash opener is expected to attract a crowd of around 40,000.
Stars skipper Cameron White said he was confident that Warne would show no ill-effects of the burns he suffered in the cooking mishap.
"He's had a great bowl today and he bowled a few overs the other day out in the middle," White said on the team's website.
"It will be his first competitive bowl for a while so I wouldn't be surprised if he's a little bit rusty, but it wouldn't shock me either if he comes out and rips them and bowls really well."
Warne apparently called an end to his stellar cricket career at the Indian Premier League in May, but recently confirmed he would play with the Melbourne Stars, saying he had never been fitter.