Sydney: The Australian Cricketers' Association has threatened to boycott future Champions League Twenty20 tournaments if Indian organizers do not keep their word on player payment timelines.
The ACA, concerned with late payments for players after the past two Champions League tournaments, said Friday it had been assured by organizers that player payments will be distributed by Oct. 31 this year and prize money by Feb. 29, 2012.
Austraian Cricketers' Association chief Paul Marsh said "we've had two disappointing years in terms of the timing of the payments and (have) taken steps to ensure players are paid in an acceptable time period if that (doesn't) happen we've told them (we'll) be considering our options."
Cricket Australia part-owns the event with the Indian and South African governing bodies.
"(I) don't want it to be painted as 'Players won't play unless they get paid by a certain date,' but we have made it clear that we will look at our options if there is a repeat of the last two years," Marsh told the Sydney Morning Herald on Friday.
"It's a hypothetical and I hope we don't get to that point."
The news comes a day after the lucrative tournament lost its title sponsor, Airtel, seven weeks before the start of this year's event in India.