Kochi:In the backdrop of BCCI giving 30 more days time to the Kochi IPL consortium to resolve their differences, the Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) on Wednesday appealed to all the partners of the Consortium to bury their differences and come out with a concrete proposal as early as possible.
'I am trying to contact the Gaekwads', KCA Secretary, T C Mathew told pti. 'This is a life line from the BCCI and this the maximum the board can do', he said.
The BCCI had earlier cautioned the franchise to sort out their differences, fulfill certain obligations like forming the company, he said.
'The franchisee should sort out their disputes soon so that we will have an IPL team and can be part of the fourth edition of the IPL', he said.
The issue of the Kochi IPL was considered differently from that of Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab. This is only a dispute between partners and have not violated any rules, he said.
The IPL Governing Council, after an emergency meeting to discuss the issue, today served a 30-day termination notice to the franchise to sort out its differences failing which it would stand cancelled.
The investors in the Kochi consortium include corporate firms Anchor Earth, Parinee Developers, Rosy Blue and Film Wave - who hold 75 per cent of the equity.The remaining 25 per cent is being held by the Gaekwads who are part of the Rendezvous Sports World.