Northampton:Stuart Clark insisted his extra bounce could help Australia in their quest to draw level in the Ashes series during next week's third Test against England at Edgbaston.
The 33-year-old seamer was overlooked for the first two Tests of the series, including England's 115-run second Test win at Lord's.
That match saw Australia left-arm quick Mitchell Johnson struggling for line and length.
And while Clark took two top order wickets against Northamptonshire here on Saturday in the tourists' lone match between the second and third Tests, Johnson's seven wicketless overs cost 42 runs.
Now fully fit following an elbow injury, Clark played in both of Australia's pre-Ashes tour matches against Sussex and the England Lions.
Despite being reduced to 12th man duties in the Ashes so far, he believes he could be the man to help Australia take 20 wickets - something they've so far yet to manage in a first-class match this tour.
"I'm older and I get the ball to bounce a little bit more (than the other Australia bowlers), being a little bit taller," Clark said. "That's probably my biggest weapon on these wickets. It can make you a handful."
Australia have also had to do without Brett Lee, their fastest bowler, in the Test series because of a rib injury which is set to keep him out of action at Edgbaston as well.
There had been speculation that Clark might have been included in the drawn Ashes opener at Cardiff, where Johnson's poor spell with the new ball late on the final day helped England cling on for a draw with one wicket standing.
"I was disappointed and I suppose surprised," Clark said of being omitted at in Cardiff.
"I was not given any guarantee I was going to play, and the selectors went with a combination they thought would get them 20 wickets.
"If given the opportunity to play again, it is an Australian cricketer's dream to play Tests against England in England.
"I've sat on the sidelines and watched, and it's been pretty hard to do that for two Test matches. "I may have to watch for the next three - but I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure I control my destiny," said Clark, a veteran of 22 Tests.
Australia ended the second day of their three-day match against Northamptonshire on 139 without loss in their second innings, a lead of 221.
Opening batsman Phillip Hughes, whose difficulties in the two Tests so far have been almost as much of a concern as those of Johnson, did at least have the consolation of being 65 not out.
Stand-in opener Andrew McDonald, yet to play in the Ashes, was 69 not out. However, Hughes - dropped on 28 - was once again troubled by the short ball.
Northamptonshire's first innings of 226 for seven declared saw Australia quick Peter Siddle take three wickets while Alex Wakely (62) and Riki Wessels (50) starred for the home side.
Australia middle-order batsman Marcus North, whose place could be under threat after fit-again pace bowling all-rounder Shane Watson made 84 here on Friday, could only add seven to his overnight 32 before he was caught in the covers off left-arm quick David Lucas.