New Delhi:The Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Tuesday said that the players at the World Badminton Championship in Hyderabad had no reasons to worry even as a Malaysian coach was admitted to a government hospital in the city after showing swine-flu-like symptoms.
"There's no swine flu worry for players," said badminton's world body.
The BWF further added that it will monitor the situation, but spectators won't be screened.
Earlier in the day, a Malaysian coach was quarantined after he showed flu-like symptoms.
"He was complaining of a throat ache and we didn't want to take any risk. He was sent to the hospital and the report is awaited in the evening," a reliable source said.
His identity is not yet known as the Malaysians have separate coaches for singles and doubles.
Tournament secretary Punniah Chowdhury also confirmed the news.
"I don't know if he is from the Malaysian or Singaporean team but he was suffering from cold and fever and was sent to a local hospital to undergo tests last night," he said.
"It is not yet confirmed if it is a case of swine flu but we have to be on guard. The results will be out in the evening but we are taking all precautions," Chowdhury added.
The organisers of the world championships have also installed a swine flu screening system at the venue to examine the participating players.