Johannesburg :Caster Semenya, who was cleared by International Association of Athletics Federations to return to competitions after her gender test controversy last year, is geared up to run in the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi in October.
Athletics South Africa said Semenya will not run in major international events till she regains her form and she would be hoping to get to her peak before the October 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
"Semenya will work towards reaching peak condition in order to be a part of the action at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, India in October," ASA said in a statement.
The national federation said they would assist her in "obtaining race opportunities as part of her preparations for the international event".
Semenya, who has not raced since August last year, was left out of the 42-member South Africa team for the African Championships which starts in Nairobi on July 28 as she was not ready for any international meet.
The 19-year-old Semenya was recently cleared to return to running after a review by the IAAF of her gender verification tests, ending an 11-month stalemate over her status after she won women's 800m gold in World Championships in Berlin in August last year.
Semenya has not run since leaked test results last year said she was a hermaphrodite following her win at the world championships in Berlin.
The incident sparked anger from the South African public and government, who have rallied behind the athlete.
Semenya is likely to run some small meetings in Europe and slowly build to reach her peak form.